Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July BBQ
We had a fantastic and happy 4th of July. We did a little family BBQ and get together with Cuzn Frank and his wife Marti, and Marti's son Chris, and Chelly with her boyfriend Bob. And my other cousin Helen and her husband Bob. Cousin Helen and Bob took the scenic route to get here, first the ended up on 120 on the east side of 99 and had to turn around to get on the west side of 99, then they missed the turnoff and ended up about 5 miles too far south. I went an rescued them back, Bob said it kinda reminded him of when he was a kid and got to drive around the country side just sightseeing. Helen brought a really good coleslaw and Bob brought a sixer of Mac's blackwatch. It was different but very good. 100_2033.jpg 100_2035.jpg 100_2034.jpg

They stopped along the way at Sloughouse to get corn, best corn in the whole world as far as I'm concerned. They also got a bunch of different veggies as both Bob an Chelly are vegetarians. I knew Chelly was but I forgot, next time I'll remember for sure and will cook em up a veggie burger. Bob brought some green tomatoes so we whipped up some "fried green tomatos" everyone liked em except Chelly. I guess I'll have to fix em next time and use my secret "southern style" cooking method. 100_1999.jpg

It seems someone forgot to school Chelly as to where to stand when your getting your pic taken with a concrete buffalo.
100_2015.jpg

There was melon and dessert on the menu too. Lots of story telling and a lot of laughing, think we may have to do this again.

No comments: