Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Marti's Rock

Today we took a detour while traveling from Moab to Gallup. It was only about 24 miles but the road was rough, rougher than I remember. I also forgot that the Indian tribe that controls the area, either the Navajo or Ute, don't remember which, charge you to get to the marker that designates the US Governments official designation of 4 corners. Anyway I ponied up and ignored the sign that said I need a permit to gather rocks and grabbed a rock that had Marti's lifeforce all over it. Marti's Rock got pictured sitting on the official marker of 4 corners, the point at which the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah meet. Maybe I better take some more pics of Marti's Rock at famous places along the way. I'll post the pics soon.

No comments: