Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday's adventure

Here is a copy of Cuzn Frank's posting on his Yahoo360 site, I thought it was quite good.
"Yes the Cuz braved the bitter cold in the hours of darkness from Fresno to Roseville. Going, well, God only knows how fast, to get here in under 3 hours.



We offer him some hot moccha in a tankard that was large enough to warm both hands and one foot. And chatted for awhile, then worked a while.
Then, I offer to lead him off into what I thought would be a great ride to a place he picked out for us to stop and have lunch. Little did I know how much my area is changing, and I got a tad lost, but my cuz, Mr. Daniel Boon carved a path to the Garden highway from the Sacramento international airport, where my tiny Shadow gas tank needed another gallon of gas.
But, we did meet a nice chap in this motorhome who was on his way out of Alaska, and boy, he and his lady were really happy about our heat wave (32 degs).


Finally we arrive at the, "Squeeze Inn" Where there was seating for 10 along a very narrow counter.
I sure felt sorry for the cagers, but Ron and I had no problem squeezing our bikes in the tiny parking.


But, then we are confronted with a long line waiting to get inside to order, there was a lot of joking and good humor amongst everyone.





Once inside we were told there would be a 30 minute wait, we already waited 30 minutes, we ain't giving up now. And the wait was well worth it.
Not to mention
the eye candy was fantastic!!."




Tags:

No comments: